Personal Injury Cases in Pennsylvania

by | Aug 12, 2013 | General


Latest Articles



One type of case in which a client may need a personal injury lawyer in Philadelphia is in the case of medical malpractice. We go to medical professionals with the trust that they have the knowledge and skill of hand to take care of us. However, sometimes things can go wrong in medical care. There can be a mistake made in a diagnosis, or the diagnosis may be completely missed in the first place. There can be a mistake made in surgery. There may be negligence during the recovery period from the surgery by anyone caring for the patient.

Patients may be reluctant to file a lawsuit against their doctor. This may be because they don’t want the conflict. They may be unsure if the problem they are experiencing is really the doctor’s fault, since no medical care can be guaranteed. There is a natural respect for doctors and other medical professionals that may make an injured party feel guilty for accusing a medical professional or any care giver of any wrongdoing. People may feel intimidated about suing a doctor’s office, hospital, nursing home, or other medical facility because the larger they are, the larger and more more powerful and intimidating their law firms are. These are all reasons to consult with an injury lawyer in Philadelphia and find out if they believe you have a case.

Not all potential clients do have a case, and that is the first thing the injury lawyer in Philadelphia will look at. The attorney will check the facts of the case and determine if the medical provider at any level allowed their care to fall below the standards of care of that particular profession. The attorney will apply the law to all the factors in your case, determine if you have a good case for a lawsuit, and explain your options to you.

If you do decide to go with a lawsuit, the injury lawyer in Philadelphia will help you get everything filed and filed correctly before the statute of limitations runs out. The attorney will make sure the case is also filed in the correct county or in federal court if need be.