Information on an Insurance Negotiation and Mediation Lawyer in Indianapolis

by | Mar 12, 2014 | Law


Latest Articles



When you have been injured in an auto accident, you can easily feel overwhelmed and unsure of how to get help. The steps you take just after an auto accident are extremely important to how well your case will progress. By following these tips, you can hire an insurance negotiation and mediation lawyer in Indianapolis so you can get the compensation you deserve for your injuries, damages, pain and suffering, medical bills and even your lost wages. There is no reason for you to have to fight against the insurance companies alone, when there is help available.

What Can You Expect From an Insurance Negotiation and Mediation Lawyer in Indianapolis?

After your accident, you need to first make sure you seek medical treatment. Many people are in shock just after an accident and do not realize how truly injured they are. Internal injuries do not always show outward signs and can be serious. For these reasons, you need to make sure you are seen by the doctor, no matter how minor or major your injuries may seem. Once under the care of your doctor, your next step needs to be hiring a lawyer to represent you in your case.

When you first meet with your lawyer, he or she will listen to the details of your case and make a determination on whether or not you have a true injury case. If the lawyer makes the decision to take your case, you will sign a retainer agreement and a medical release. The medical release will allow the attorney to obtain all of your medical records so they can be used to prove your injuries in court.

Before the court date, your lawyer will work through negotiations and the mediation process to try and settle your case outside of court, if possible. Many cases are able to be settled through this process. If you are going through an injury from an accident that was not your fault, contact the law office of Steven M. Crell and make an appointment for your consultation. He can help you through your case and will work to get you the maximum amount of compensation allowed under the law.